The College of the North Atlantic - Qatar is inviting nominations and applications for the position of Workshop Instructor, Industrial Technician, Mechanical in the School of Engineering Technology and Industrial Trades. Reporting to the Department Chair, the Workshop Instructor, Industrial Technician, Mechanical must be a proven leader with the skills and expertise necessary to support the school of Engineering Technology and Industrial Trades in fully implementing the College’s mission and vision.
College of the North Atlantic - Qatar Profile:
The beautiful and culturally progressive State of Qatar is home to the world-class post-secondary institution, College of the North Atlantic-Qatar (CNA-Q). Internationally recognized as a comprehensive technical college, CNA-Q is committed to high quality, student-centered education. This commitment is reflected through state-of-the-art facilities, accessible and responsive technology programs and strong partnerships with industry.
With more than 600 staff and 3,000 students, CNA-Q is one of Qatar’s largest post-secondary institutions offering over 26 diploma programs through student-centred learning. By providing training in a range of technical areas including Engineering Technology, Health Sciences, Industrial Trades, Business Studies and Information Technology, CNA-Q brings the State closer to the goals of Qatar National Vision 2030.
Duties & Responsibilities:
This position requires an energetic and enthusiastic individual who will support the programs by planning, organizing, and teaching service courses in a manner that encourages applied student learning and development and is consistent with the college’s strategic mission and Technical Vocational Educational and Teaching (TVET) principles. The incumbent is also responsible to prepare and deliver syllabi, lesson plans and assessments to encourage student involvement in alignment with School curriculum requirements and changing industry knowledge.
Candidates should have an outstanding record of teaching and industry experience, and possess the qualifications necessary to be successful in the role of Workshop Instructor, Industrial Technician, Mechanical at the College of the North Atlantic - Qatar. The Workshop Instructor Industrial Technician, Mechanical, reports to the Department Chair and is responsible to support the School of Engineering Technology and Industrial Trades in the following areas:
The Workshop Instructor, Industrial Technician, Mechanical is responsible to:
• Develop course outlines, syllabi, lesson plans, instructional materials, and assessments to create an optimum learning environment in alignment with the School’s curriculum outcomes, evolving professional scopes of practice, and industry requirements.
• Deliver instruction to maximize student development and retention, employing a variety of teaching and development strategies to meet diverse student needs.
• Contribute to faculty, course and program meetings and participate in initiatives to monitor and enhance student success.
• Fulfill the role of subject-matter-expert through various program and campus-wide activities as well as external industry and community engagements.
• Demonstrate a command of educational best practices within the discipline by aligning learning assignments within practical industry-relevant contexts.
• Maintain course portfolio documents required for accreditation purposes and engage in instructional redevelopment/improvement plans.
• Maintain accurate records of student progress and attendance and provide prompt feedback, recording grades and attendance within established deadlines.
• Learn, use and recommend educational technologies and resources to enhance learning experiences for students.
• Prepare high quality learning support materials using the College’s LMS (D2L) to engage learners.
• Maintain membership in relevant professional organizations.
• Initiate and contribute to scholarly and creative activities in support of Qatar’s research priorities.
• Provide substitution for colleagues in case of absence to ensure that there is no interruption in student learning.
• Oversee the work of Teaching Assistants to ensure laboratory equipment is appropriately prepared for instructional delivery and, appropriate supplies and instructional resources are available for lessons and demonstrations.
• Diploma or Skilled Trade certification in Industrial Mechanic (or equivalent).
• Professional Mechanic licensure
• Minimum of 5 years of teaching experience in a post – secondary TVET education environment.
• High standard of professional integrity and commitment to academic excellence.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills are essential along with technical writing and document production skills to ensure presentations and documentation meet high quality assurance standards.
• Ability to communicate fluently in both Arabic and English an asset.
• IELTS score of 7 and above
• Professional Mechanic Licensure (or equivalent)
• 10+ years of employment experience with a combination of experience as a practitioner/professional within the relevant discipline as well experience in a supervisory/management role within the relevant discipline
• Teaching experience in a post-secondary, adult training, or industry training environment
• Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Education (e.g. Post-secondary Education, Adult Education or Vocational Education)
• Record of successful participation/leadership in applied research projects
• Experience in leadership and innovation in technology-based projects
Job Location - Doha, Qatar
Company Industry - Education, Training, and Library
Company Type - Employer (Private Sector)
Job Role - Teaching and Academics
Monthly Salary Range - Unspecified
Number of Vacancies - Unspecified
Career Level - Mid Career
Degree Certification / diploma